I cannot string together a combination of words to express my disgust and sorrow after witnessing the murder of an unarmed black man by a white law enforcement officer while three other officers stood passively by.
American cities are suffering from the actions of those who are taking advantage of crucial, lawful and peaceful protests. All of this amid a pandemic with a heartbreaking number of deaths, financial devastation, medical supply shortages, food banks with empty shelves, crumbling infrastructures and a racist undercurrent that can no longer be ignored. What a mess.
I understand that approximately 43% of Americans support the current president. I don’t agree with them, but I respect their right to endorse whomever they choose. I know there is nothing I can say or do to change their minds. However, I urge the other 57% to peacefully end the injustices of the current administration with your vote in November.
We are not better off than we were four years ago and our country is not great (again), but instead is in serious disorder. The alternative to the current president may not be your favorite or first choice, but certainly seems to be the more sensible choice for America as one indivisible nation.