PHOTO: Barbecue mishap

News

PHOTO: Barbecue mishap

Hot coals burn shed
An emergency crew from the Cortez Fire Protection District responded to a shed fire on North Harrison Street on Monday afternoon. A resident put used barbecue briquettes into a cardboard box after dousing them with water. But some briquettes were still smoldering and ignited the box after it was placed in a hot storage shed. The fire singed part of the structure, but was quickly put out. The resident noticed smoke coming from the shed, which was adjacent to a garage, and called 911. Douse charcoal thoroughly and store them in a metal container, advised CFPD Chief Jay Balfour.

PHOTO: Barbecue mishap

An emergency crew from the Cortez Fire Protection District responded to a shed fire on North Harrison Street on Monday afternoon. A resident put used barbecue briquettes into a cardboard box after dousing them with water. But some briquettes were still smoldering and ignited the box after it was placed in a hot storage shed. The fire singed part of the structure, but was quickly put out. The resident noticed smoke coming from the shed, which was adjacent to a garage, and called 911. Douse charcoal thoroughly and store them in a metal container, advised CFPD Chief Jay Balfour.
Reader Comments