A mobile home caught fire Friday morning on West Fourth Street just off South Broadway.
Smoke rose from the chimney of the home, but no flames were visible from outside. Two people who said they lived in the home evacuated safely.
The emergency call for assistance was broadcast about 11 a.m. Friday, and the fire was out about 40 minutes later, according to scanner chatter.
A Cortez Fire Protection District engine, tender and rescue truck responded to the mobile-home park. Cortez police and Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office, Empire Electric Association and Atmos Energy also appeared on scene.
This article will be updated as more information becomes email@example.com